WORLD INSTITUTE OF SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
PLOT NO 44, ROAD NO 2,
KALYANI NAGAR, PUNE -411 006
Post: Librarian / Asst. Librarian (part-time)
Job Location: Pune
Qualification: Graduate and Bachelors or Master's Degree in Library Science (B Lib/ M. Lib) from a recognized University Institute or an equivalent professional degree.
Criteria & Year's of Experience:
a) Minimum 3 years’ experience in library management in any Academic / Corporate Institution / College library.
b) Retired library personnel with suitable experience may also apply
- Demonstrated ability of using library software (Slim, Libsys, Koha) and experience in library computerization and automation.
- Well versed in working in computerized environment like Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Knowledge on library policies, procedure, methods, ethics and professional standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Set-up and operate the WISE library: procurement, pursue book suppliers, take delivery of books, etc, add to the catalog and make available via the library.
2. Select and procure documents and other sources of relevant information.
3. Process the procured information or documents with the help of classification, cataloguing, shelf arrangements (subject wise) etc. to make them easily available for the users.
4. Order materials and maintain records of payment of invoices.
5. Cataloguing and Circulation of books/journals, magazines etc.
6. Enter cataloguing data into the library's automated system.
7. Subscribe, renew & manage magazines/ journals (hardcopy).
8. Choose new books, audio books, videos, and other materials for the library.
9. Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
10. Maintain reports of stock/books available in library.
11. Provide reference services to the users by telephone or by email.
12. Send reminder emails of return/renewal of books.
13. Provide indexing and abstracting services (books) to the users to save their time.
14. Give current awareness service (CAS) regarding new arrivals and latest services to the users: to keep the user abreast of the developments in his/her area of work. Scan through the various journals, websites, library books additions and send information about the latest articles, new books added, news, etc to the user.
15. Provide Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) services to the users as per their subject interest and requirement.
16. Provide intranet facility to the users in order to access the library collection and catalogue at their desktop.
17. Information research: respond to the reference queries and make retrospective search (searching several sources) as per users demand.
18. Read and maintain newspaper-clippings in library software.
19. Scan title and content pages of books and upload it in library software.
20. Organize and manage all in-house reports and special documents.
21. Maintain the computerized library database.
22. Plan, manage, and liaise with Administration for functions of library and information services.
23. Provide effective access to library collections and resources.
24. Develop and maintain the organization of library materials.
25. Set-up library rules and procedures, guidelines.
26. Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users.
27. Any other relevant work assigned by the Competent Authority from time to time.
The World Institute of Sustainable Energy (WISE) is a fast growing non-profit organization committed towards sustainable energy and sustainable development, with a special focus on renewable energy technology, policy & regulatory issues in the sustainable energy and power sectors. We urgently require dynamic postgraduates/graduates/students to work as intern on temporary basis on challenging, time bound projects in the areas of energy efficiency policy and regulation.
Qualification: B.E/Masters in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical/Energy Engineering
Energy Efficiency analysis in key sectors
Quantitative analysis of market data in the sectors
Energy Conservation policy related analysis
Duration: 6-8 months
No monetary benefits
Access to office infrastructure and library
Exposure to renewable energy sector
Any project related travel expenses will be reimbursed on production of receipts
Interested applicants should send their resumes on firstname.lastname@example.org